Atos Worldline launches Card Stop website
Card Stop is a central service which allows you to cancel bank cards and other payment products. The new website shows cardholders which payment instruments Card Stop is able to cancel, when a cancellation is recommended and how you proceed to do so. It explains for example the special procedure developed by Card Stop for the deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired. Moreover, cardholders will find answers to questions they might not immediately have thought of on the telephone in a panic situation.
The website also provides a number of tips for safe card usage. These simple measures often provide an effective prevention against the fraudulent use of bank cards. By systematically applying them, cardholders reduce the chances they will have to cancel their card.
With the holidays ahead of us, Atos Worldline lists a number of tips for safe card usage. This information can also be found on the website!
- Never write down your PIN code, not even in the form of a phone number. Memorise the code and destroy all correspondence with the code on it.
- A card must always be signed. Do this immediately on receipt.
- Always cover the keyboard when you need to enter a PIN code, both on an ATM and a payment terminal.
- Don't be distracted when you're taking out money. Watch out for people who offer assistance in case of a 'problem' with the terminal and advise you to enter the PIN code again. If an ATM has swallowed your card, call Card Stop as soon as possible.
- Don't leave your bank card behind anywhere, not even your car.
- Careful with your wallet in your coat pocket when it's on a chair or hat stand in a restaurant or pub.
- When staying in a hotel only take the bank cards you really need. Put them in the safe if you're not using them.
- Bank cards are sometimes stolen in hospitals as well. If you unexpectedly end up in hospital during your holidays, only take the bank cards you really need. These cards are best kept in a safe.
- Be extra vigilant when someone offers to help when you have car trouble on the side of the road or any other kind of problem.
- Always keep an eye on your card when you need to hand it over.
- A bank card is not an ID card. Be vigilant for 'police officers' who request a bank card to verify your identity.
- Watch out for pickpockets: they sometimes pretend to be vendors. Or they might ‘accidently' spill their drink over you or bump into you.
When your card has been stolen, if you can't immediately find it or when an ATM has swallowed your card, call Card Stop as soon as possible. This Atos Worldline service can be reached 24/7 at 070 344 344 or 0032 70 344 344 when calling from abroad. Card Stop will immediately cancel your card to prevent possible fraudulent transactions.
"We're sure cardholders will appreciate this website. After all, cancelling cards always happens in a hurry. The cardholder often still has questions he/she forgot to ask during the call with our Card Stop services. The website has answers to the most frequently asked questions, " says Dirk de Cock, CEO of Atos Worldline in Belgium.